Format Source Code in MS Word
You have to write a Word Document, which should contain snippets of code. The code should be displayed using syntax highlighting following established rules for your programming language of choice.
Furthermore, at a later point in time, you would like to publish parts of your word document as HTML or as blog post (for instance in WordPress).
One possible solution is to use Microsoft Word, Google Docs and the Notepad++ editor as follows:
- Create an empty document in Google Docs
- Add an empty table to this document
- Download this document as a Microsoft Word file (.doc)
- Open the Word Document in Word, select the table, and click on the language icon in the Microsoft Word status menu
- Make sure the option 'Do not check spelling or grammar' is ticked.
- Copy your source code into the Notepad++ editor.
- Select the programming language you are using under the 'Language' menu item
- Select the Plugins / NppExport / Copy RTF to clipboard menu item
- Return to word and past the current content of the clipboard into your table
Network n = new Network();
Nx.put().node("SCM Implementation at Acorp.").inNetwork(n);
- You can now save the document, reupload to Google Docs and export as webpage.
- You can further using Words Publish / As Blog function upload the document to a blogging engine. However, here the formatting might get lost.