Currently, there are very few details available on this product. These are some points I could find:
- It will be a platform to manage components of serverless applications.
- This includes versioning lambda functions and packaging lambda functions with other components such as database dependencies.
- It will be open source (under Apache license)
As more details become available, I will update this post.
For now, here are some related resources regarding serverless applications with Amazon:
- Serverless Reference Architectures with AWS Lambda by Werner Vogels
- Amazon pushes ‘serverless’ cloud services using AWS Lambda on v3.co.uk