Fix PhoneGap Shows Black Screen after Splash
Unfortunately, the application that I developed started off with a big, ugly black screen instead of a splash screen.
It took me quite some digging around to find out what was going on there. So here I have collected some potential solutions for the problem.
- Do the src attributes in the splash elements point to valid files?
- Are you using PhoneGap Build? In that case, follow the instructions on the PhoneGap Build documentation.
- Did you include the following in your config.xml:
<preference name="SplashScreen" value="screen" /> <preference name="SplashScreenDelay" value="50000" />
- You can try this workaround to have your app load quicker.
- You can try to manually handle the splash screen lifecyle as shown here.